Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Birth of Gabriel

Our planned homebirth:
birthing tub
Photobucket
turned into a quick van ride, on oxygen, to Cottage Hospital when Gabriel's heart tones got funky.
Photobucket
I ended up in bed on fetal monitors for a day and a half waiting for something to happen wondering what was going on with his heart tones.
Photobucket
At 8:30 on Tuesday night labor still had not gotten started and we encouraged my husband to go eat dinner. Kathleen volunteered to go get him a pizza. Labor started. It got so hard that I said I was "done," I couldnt do anymore. I was 6 cm dilated; within 2 minutes I was at 10 and my body pushed out a beautiful baby boy at 9:12 pm.

Photobucket

Gabriel, and two very tired parents, spent the 6th day of his life at the pediatricians office trying to figure out his heart tones. We are now planning a trip to Santa Barbara to see a pediatric cardiologist--maybe we can get some answers. Not the "babymoon" we had envisioned and not the birth we had planned, but here we are blessed just the same.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

3 comments:

Teresa said...

That sounds like such a stressful ordeal - all of it! He's such a beautiful little boy. I hope they are able to figure out what is wrong and that you'll get all the answers you need!

Teresa
(mayjunejuly mommas's group)

Teresa said...

Oh, and I read that you homeschool...we do too!

Rebecca said...

Hi - Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a helpful comment! Congratulations on your new baby! What a blessing! :)