Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Well, this may seem narcissistic and it does feel that way. BUT today is my birthday and we're going to indulge.
here are 100 things about me:
1. I am terrified of mice.
2. I don't wear a watch.
3. I tend to run a little late (maybe I should wear a watch)
4. I text too often and know it.
5. I am TERRIFIED of mice.
6. I come from a lONG line of great cooks.
7. I am not a very good cook.
8. I despise Earl Grey tea.
9. I have a lazy eye (one goes cross eyed)
10. I did eye exercises as a child and it is now control ed.
11. I wore an eye patch in junior eye.
12. I was very into Beverly Hills 90210 in High school.
13. I was VERY into U2 in High school.
14. I rode in the bed of a truck to another state to see U2 in concert.
15. My mother had four children but I was raised as an only child.
16. I don't like only children too much :)
17. My mother was never married.
18. I was married 2 months and 2 weeks after becoming engaged.
19. No I wasn't pregnant.
20. I did get pregnant on our wedding night, using two kinds of birth control.
21. I have no rhythm.
22. I cant even clap.
23. I am lactose intolerant.
24. I eat chocolate anyway and get sick.
25. I got a job right out of college, Director of a Crisis Pregnancy Center.
26. I promptly got rid of all my hippy, teen clothing.
27. I bought dress shoes too.
28. I wore Doc Martens with all my new dresses :)
29. I am extremely clumsy.
30. I need glasses but am too lazy to wear them.
31. I eat Pb & J (or honey) everyday for lunch.
32. I am not competitive AT ALL.
33. I tend to be a little over aggressive.
34. I am a VERY passive driver (I get a lot of honks and people passing me up :)
35. I didn't pierce my ears until I was 17.
36. To do so, I lied about my age.
37. I am a bad liar.
38. First ear piercing place didn't believe that I was 18, at 17.
39. I am terrible at shaving my legs.
40. I either cut myself
41. or leave hairy patches
42. Usually I do both.
43. I am too lazy to pluck my eyebrows.
44. I try to use a razor (keep in mind my problems shaving my legs)
45. I don't know my place.
46. Why do people insist that "we" have a place.
47. Who gets to decide this place?
48. Maybe I just disagree with my decided place.
49. My two year old insists on putting his hand down my shirt.
50. In public.
51. I always jump, and sometimes I scream too.
52. I have a tattoo. It is visible but rarely "brought up."
53. I think that 100 things are very hard to come up with.
54. Others over commit, I have no problem saying "NO" but no one seems to listen.
55. I don't listen to Country music.
56, Somehow, I am always quoting Country music (usually crying) and getting others to listen.
57. They usually don't.
58. I speak Valley, circa 1982.
59. Very fast
60. I have lived in Ohio.
61. I have lived in MA.
62. They noticed.
63. My father has never voted in a political election, of any kind.
64. I come from a long line of great seamstresses.
65. I cannot sew.
67. My maternal grandmother died when I was 7 or 8, she was 50.
68. My mother died when I was 9, she was 34.
69. From 7-14 I lived with my grandfather's third cousin and her husband.
70. They were then in their 70's.
71. My bags were always packed.
72. I was told, daily, how no one wanted me and how great they were for taking in someone like me.
73. At 14, I went to "set up housekeeping" for my father.
74. My parents were never married.
75. My dad owned a bar and lived a wild, bachelor life.
76. I spent my high school years on the beach and made the most of it.
77. At 9, I walked myself to a Baptist church near by.
78. They were teaching "soul sleep" in the Sunday School class. I left.
79. But not before asking the Baptist lady to show me in the Bible where soul sleep was taught.
80. I went to the Catholic Church nearby.
81. I spent every Sunday from 7:30-past noon there "helping"
82. I went through Catechism and Confirmation courses and was baptized and confirmed on my 12th birthday.
83. When I lived with my father, I walked myself a few miles each Sunday to the Catholic Church.
84. I had usually partied the night before.
85. "Home" was a violent and scary place and I found other places to be.
86. There was alcohol at most places.
87. Sometimes I brought it.
88. I started having tea with an idealic Christian family.
89. Once a week and then more.
90. I had somewhere else to be.
91. I went to a Christian Liberal Arts College.
92. It got me out of my house.
93. I hold a Bachelors Degree in English (journalism.)
94. I became involved in Operation Rescue and Sidewalk Counseling while in college.
95. After graduation, I became the Director of a Crisis Pregnancy Center.
96. My husband and I met at a Bible study, we were close friends for a few years before anything clicked.
97. My mother loved birthdays, she made me Barbie cakes and princess cakes and all the hooplah. Really, all I wanted was for to truly be happy, and not crying, or hiding bruises.
98. After my mom died, my birthday wasn't celebrated again. Not until our tea days. I didn't know what to do when everyone tried to celebrate me. I am still so uncomfortable at Baby Showers and celebrations for me.
99. I was given a baby shower welcoming EVERY one of my five babies.
100. You made it through 100 random facts about me. You actually got through the shallow and on to the painful and shocking. You know more about me than you need to. More than maybe you should. the focus was on me, now its back to you and what you do with this information. It is always scary to tell anyone anything about yourself. It's back on you now-You can bring mice to my house and terrify me, bring me chocolate, wonder why I react when made me feel that I dont belong or am not good enough, or you can extend me Grace and Acceptance.