Search This Blog

Friday, April 16, 2010

A Daily epiphany, a baby reminder..

I am going to try really really hard not to get on a soap box and rewrite this post and use my spell check 5oo times and get out a grammatical dictionary....

I CANT DO IT ALL!!! I know that. I don't expect anyone else to. Why do I keep thiking that I am "supposed" to. How does this thinking slowly creep in?

I came accross a wonderful blog today: Stay at Home Missionary

where she shared these quotes:

"There is a lie, even among the stay at homers, even in the church, and that lie is that just being home isn't good enough. This lie can be detrimental to embracing our High Calling.


"The season of young children is a time to refrain. Refrain from most outside activities, even church activities. Now is a time to be faithful in discipline...it's the springtime of mothering. Redeem the time, don't waste it."


by
Sono Harris,
(mother to 7 including Josh Harris and Alex and Brett Harris)

I knew this when I had 3 under 4. It may obvious, practical sense. But now..I have "older" chidlren and am a little more established and should be able to handle taking on being in 5 places at once, right?



I will miss some fun times with my friends but will enjoy them with my children. My sons may not indulge in every activity and may not expect their wives to either. As their free time is spent stuck here with me, I hope they will choose to be stuck home with their wives and children later in life.




You are welcome to join us, but we are going to be hanging out here for awhile:)

blog signature

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by. I love your writing style and am now following.

Debra said...

Fabulous post! I love that quote too. It's so true. What I wouldn't give to have those early days back.

I only have one & can't do it all! :)

Kelly said...

AMEN! Thanx for that post Kathy. I often feel guilty for saying no to outside ministry opportunities even though I remind myself that right here, right NOW, my ministry is my kiddos at home.
I too feel the pressure the world and sadly, the church, puts on mothers with the "not enough to just be home with the kids"
Thanx for the encouragement.
We can't do it all, but we CAN be faithful to do the best we can do in the calling HE has laid before us.

Set Apart Living Mama said...

That's a lie a lot of us believe thank God He has showed me were He wants me to be:) Great post!

Me and Mine in a Small Town

Set Apart Living Mama said...

By the way I love your blog and seems to always make me smile :)

I awarded you the Sunshine Award for your blog. If you like you can come pick it up at my blog :)

Me and Mine in a Small Town

Anonymous said...

Hey checking out some new blogs! Wanted to let you know about mine, Mom State of Mind, come on over and visit. Do you like giveaways? Come enter mine!

Chantel said...

All i can say is " yes Lord" quietly as I breathe out the last words of this post. Hmm,this may be why I am sooo exhausted- I think why do I feel that nursing, and pampering litle bottoms are getting in the way of what I need to be doing- this reminds me that I am already doing what I need to be doing. Praise God!

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Great post! I sometimes feel pressured to do more, but God reminds me that my place is in the home where He called me!

Thanks for sharing!

Have a great Wednesday!
Sherry

Andrea said...

Funny that in the last few days I have really been thinking about my calling as a mom and viewing it as that. It is a calling. Its important and incredible...Thanks for more insight! Loved your blog...come by some time.