Search This Blog

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Vallarta

Went to a drs appt that could have been the beginning of a really BIG deal. All turned out well but I was still shooken up. Was in the same town as Costco etc but just didnt have any money to spend or want to. My son and I walked quickly through our favorite GoodWill. And I heard my 13 year old say, "hey" like he was greeting an old friend. He came accross this:



which matches THESE




that we already own. and I told you about HERE. We found them at the same GoodWill which can only get my wheels turning: Are there more waiting for us in the back?

Our long lost friend sells is a Pasta Serving Dish in the Vallarta pattern from Pier One. It sells on Replacements.com for 94.95. 

I also see them in her house

 Molly Ringwald (Anne Juergens  on Secret Life of the American Teenager)  and feel a little stalkerish. In many episodes someone is holding a Vallarta coffee cup nad you can often see the dishes displayed in a hutch in the background of kitchen scenes.

Our "new" bowl was ours for.........would you believe 2.99?



I'm linking up at Thrifty Decorating, SugarandDots,
Photobucket blog signature

6 comments:

Jenifer Harrod said...

That's just so cool! I love these kinds of things. I am your new follower.

www.feeding nineonadime.blogspot.com

His bondservant said...

What a fantastic deal. The bowl is beautiful. I always love those Goodwill trips when you uncover unexpected treasure. So very thankful that the doctor's visit didn't turn out anything bad.

Blessings,
Jackie

Unknown said...

Wow, what a great deal! I LOVE goodwill shopping! Just wish I could go more often! :)

when its only make believe said...

Hi, I visited your blog and liked what I seen, so I am now your newest follower, check out my new review...SMASHBOX! Holiday makeover!!!
I also am the author of new blog on Google, visit mine at
http://whenitsonlymakebelieve.blogspot.com/ I would be grateful if you follow me
back. Have a gr8 day! Helen

Anonymous said...

I seriously love the goodwill! So much great stuff t such a small price! I was just there and got my son 5 gap shirts and 3 gap pants for $13! You cannot beat that!

Thank you so much for stopping by! I'm following you back! Hope you have a great Thanksgiving!

Kim
Chubby Cheeks Thinks

Cap Creations said...

Wow that is fantastic! Exactly the kind of thing I love about the thrift store! Thank you for linking up at Cap Creations.